Established in 2002, Express Technologies, Inc. is a family owned and operated business headquartered in the Washington, DC area in Fredericksburg, VA. A Certified Small Business and a Class “A” Licensed General Contractor, Express-Tek has quickly earned a reputation for itself in the Greater Washington D.C. Metro Area as a leader in the telecommunications industry. With the owners having a combined 50+ years of experience in the telecom industry, Express-Tek has the leadership and experience to provide innovated, client specific, turn-key solutions.
From the planning phase to the construction phase, Express-Tek is a multi-disciplined company that provides all-in-one solutions for all of your telecom needs. Express-Tek provides industry leading services in: Telecom Design Services, OSP Construction, ISP/Structured Cabling, Electrical, and Land Surveying Services. All Express-Tek services offer innovated, client based solutions that can be offered as a single service solution or bundled to fit your telecom needs.
Our Core Values
- Take responsibility for your own actions
- Respond promptly to customers’ needs and expectations
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a part of the solution
- Always ask, “What can I do to help?”
- Take pride in providing quality craftsmanship
- Go above and beyond to do it right the first time
- Share our customers’ sense of urgency
- Provide the highest standards and best value solutions
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Treat customers and coworkers with respect and fairness
- Be open to the ideas and opinions of others
- Company wide commitment to every project
- Provide continuing education and training
- Embrace change and explore emerging technologies
- Evaluate alternative designs and solutions
- Be inquisitive, ask questions
- Maintain a stable workforce of dedicated professionals
- Require total honesty and integrity in all we do
- Establish long-term relationships through mutual trust
Currently seeking a Project Manager for an excellent job opportunity in Fredericksburg. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum NICET III certificate in Fire Alarm Systems, possess at least 10 years in the Fire Alarm Industry and have construction industry experience.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager – NICET III
- Oversee and manage the planning and scheduling for all Fire Alarm projects; from, design, material acquisition, installation, inspections, testing and final certification/turnover.
- Integrate with the Sales department, perform RFP estimates and pre-bid walk-through to help ensure high quality competitive bids.
- Understand customer relations and be able to navigate the delicate balance between the customer’s needs and shifting competing priorities in a fast-paced small business environment.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures as well as to company code of conduct policies.
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and professional manner avoiding any injuries, damage to property, and loss of unused material(s).
- Maintain his/her knowledge and familiarity with industry and local standards related to the position.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining up-to- date professional certifications as necessary to properly perform the job functions.
Requirement Skills of the Project Manager – NICET III
- Minimum NICET III certificate in Fire Alarm Systems.
- Minimum 10 years in the Commercial Fire Alarm Industry.
- Understand project life cycle, from RFQ through project acceptance.
- Experience with contract drawings, subcontracts, specifications, and change orders.
- Work independently to prepare shop drawings, equipment submittals, wiring/riser diagrams, and panel layouts.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must have proficient computer skills including use of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe PDF.
Express Technologies, a Telecommunications company with offices in Virginia and Georgia is looking for a Construction Estimator to assist sales and project managers in the Fredericksburg, Virginia Office. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in low voltage construction and/or estimating, solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, must be motivated, organized, detail oriented and driven. Express offers a competitive salary, solid benefits and chance to grow with a solid employee oriented company.
- Explore business opportunities and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Review construction drawings and bids packages
- Prepare material and labor pricing using information ‘raked’ from the drawings.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates for company review and submittal.
- Manage bid pricing from vendors.
- Manage material pricing from vendors.
- Prepare cost analysis for PM to monitor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates.
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- 3+ years’ experience in the low voltage construction field as technician or as an estimator.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong communications skills with vendors and customers.
- Able to learn new products.
- Must be an energetic team player and have a strong work ethic.
Express Technologies offers an excellent benefit package with PTO (Paid Time Off), Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Aflac, Holidays and a 401K.
Express Technologies is a drug free company. All new employees must past a drug test before placement.
Express Technologies is a DCJS company. This position will require an initial background check and a future DCJS Certification.
We have one position to fill for a Quality Construction Inspector. The information is as listed below. This has been presented to us as a long term position. This position is in the Ashburn/Manassas, Virginia area. You may have multiple construction crews in the field to inspect for quality, safety and accountability. You would report directly to local management. A background check will be conducted and you will carry a security card for access to data centers, restricted areas and warehouses. In addition to OSP responsibilities you may be required to assist in loading cables or other materials from the warehouse. Previous forklift experience will be helpful however we will send you to a certified training class.