Currently seeking a Project Manager for an excellent job opportunity in Fredericksburg. The ideal candidate will hold a minimum NICET III certificate in Fire Alarm Systems, possess at least 10 years in the Fire Alarm Industry and have construction industry experience.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager – NICET III
- Oversee and manage the planning and scheduling for all Fire Alarm projects; from, design, material acquisition, installation, inspections, testing and final certification/turnover.
- Integrate with the Sales department, perform RFP estimates and pre-bid walk-through to help ensure high quality competitive bids.
- Understand customer relations and be able to navigate the delicate balance between the customer’s needs and shifting competing priorities in a fast-paced small business environment.
- Adhere to company safety policies and procedures as well as to company code of conduct policies.
- Ensure all duties are performed in a safe and professional manner avoiding any injuries, damage to property, and loss of unused material(s).
- Maintain his/her knowledge and familiarity with industry and local standards related to the position.
- Responsible for acquiring and maintaining up-to- date professional certifications as necessary to properly perform the job functions.
Requirement Skills of the Project Manager – NICET III
- Minimum NICET III certificate in Fire Alarm Systems.
- Minimum 10 years in the Commercial Fire Alarm Industry.
- Understand project life cycle, from RFQ through project acceptance.
- Experience with contract drawings, subcontracts, specifications, and change orders.
- Work independently to prepare shop drawings, equipment submittals, wiring/riser diagrams, and panel layouts.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Must have proficient computer skills including use of MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and Adobe PDF.