Express Technologies, a Telecommunications company with offices in Virginia and Georgia is looking for a Construction Estimator to assist sales and project managers in the Fredericksburg, Virginia Office. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in low voltage construction and/or estimating, solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel, must be motivated, organized, detail oriented and driven. Express offers a competitive salary, solid benefits and chance to grow with a solid employee oriented company.
- Explore business opportunities and attend pre-bid meetings.
- Review construction drawings and bids packages
- Prepare material and labor pricing using information ‘raked’ from the drawings.
- Ensure timely completion of estimates for company review and submittal.
- Manage bid pricing from vendors.
- Manage material pricing from vendors.
- Prepare cost analysis for PM to monitor.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Able to read architectural plans and develop cost estimates.
- Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- 3+ years’ experience in the low voltage construction field as technician or as an estimator.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- Strong communications skills with vendors and customers.
- Able to learn new products.
- Must be an energetic team player and have a strong work ethic.
Express Technologies offers an excellent benefit package with PTO (Paid Time Off), Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Aflac, Holidays and a 401K.
Express Technologies is a drug free company. All new employees must past a drug test before placement.
Express Technologies is a DCJS company. This position will require an initial background check and a future DCJS Certification.